One Amazing Coincidence

Saturday, September 6, 2008

We are preparing for our first two home study interviews this weekend. To speed things up a bit we chose to drive down to Tucson and meet with our social worker Saturday night and Sunday morning. Since Tucson is a two hour drive we thought it would be a good idea to get a room for Saturday night. We were considering our options and their effect on our budget when we received an unexpected email from a vendor. "Do you guys ever get to Tucson" was her question. She wrote that she was dropping in the mail a certificate for one night at the Westin La Paloma plus a voucher for $150 to spend on food and drink. She does not know about the adoption and would have no way of knowing that we were going to Tucson this weekend. This is one amazing coincidence.

The more I have thought about it I wonder if it is a coincidence at all. I can choose to believe that this is a random act, but I do believe it is something more. Now I'm not saying that I think that God sent us a certificate to stay at the Westin, but I'm certainly not saying that He couldn't. If the God that created the earth and everything in it including me and you wanted us to stay at the Westin don't you think He could make that happen?

At the very least this is an amazing reminder that our God, the King, the mighty and merciful Creator loves us and cares for us.

Matthew 6:25

0 comments: